Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your heart and your minds in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:6
During this season of Social Distancing surrounding the COVID-19 Pandemic, please continue reading for important related information:
- Regatherings and Corporate Worship
- Online Giving
- Sunday Morning Live+Streaming
- Maintaining Community
Regatherings and Corporate Worship
The word “Church” literally means “the assembled gathering,” as such, it is vitally important for us to regather, but to do so in a way that is charitable, loving toward our neighbors, and in accordance with all governmental and ecclesiastical authorities. We are reopening on Tuesday, June 23rd with Morning Prayer in the Church and then continuing with outside evening prayer on Saturday, June 27th, and Holy Communion in the Sanctuary on June 28th. Continue reading for more information on these services:
Sunday morning Holy Communion
Each Sunday morning approximately 50 people will be able to gather inside and join in the live+streamed service of Holy Communion at 10:15am. If you are a church member you can access the registration link either via a home-group email during the week or through the weekly update on Thursdays. For visitors please contact the church office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call our intern at 980-253-8807 in order to register. You will be contacted about the protocols governing worshiping safely in community upon registration.
Saturday Evening Prayer Outside
On Saturday evenings through August we will hold an Evening Prayer service outside at 6:30pm in the parking lot of Knox Presbyterian Church. No registration is required, but the following protocols must be adhered to:
- Social Distancing (outside of families) must be followed. If interaction is within 6ft, masks must be worn.
- No singing unless masks are worn.
- If children cannot stay in their family’s area they must go to their car to ensure that social distancing is maintained appropriately.
Recommendations from a member of our church and a parent of young children who has attended an outside service (in NC):
- Bring a stroller and/or a pack-and-play, or…Layout a picnic blanket and enforce the blanket as the ‘safe zone’ and outside of it as a ‘no-go zone,’ or…
- Open the tailgate of your van, your sedan, or your truck and let your children sit in the tailgate – they’ll think it’s a fun adventure! And…
- Worship! God asks that our little children come to him; bring your children and don’t let it stress you. We are all a family here to support you and your family.
Tuesday and Thursday Evening Prayer
On Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 8:30am we will have Morning Prayer in the Church’s Children’s Chapel which has been reconfigured for this purpose. Morning Prayer is a short, worshipful service full of scripture and prayer.
There are two ways you can give into the ministry of Christ the Redeemer during this time:
- By mailing your check to Christ the Redeemer Anglican Church, P.O. Box 9632 Norfolk, Virginia 23505.
- Online giving is made easy, safe and secure through PayPal. You can set up an online account to give one-time or recurring payments with your credit or debit card, Your transactions will appear on your statement as “CTRNORFOLK”. Just click HERE to get started.
Thank you for your heart of giving. May the Lord bless you.
Although our utmost desire is to worship our Lord and Savior together and in person, during this time we will continue our Live+Streaming of our normal Sunday morning service at 10:15am.
Links to the Live+Streams are available HERE.
A note about Live+Streaming: We will be using the Christ the Redeemer Facebook page in order to host our service; however, you do NOT need a Facebook account in order to watch the service. Just click on the link and you will be able to watch.
Although a Facebook account is not required to watch the service, we highly recommend that if you have a Facebook account that you follow our Facebook page in order to stay as up to date as possible with life at the Church.
During this time of separation, your Life Group leaders will be your focal points of contact. They will stay in touch with you. Please let them know of any need that you may have so that not one member of our family may be forgotten.
The peace of God, which passes all understanding, keep your hearts and minds in the knowledge and love of God, and of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord; and the blessing of God Almighty, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, be among you, and remain with you always. Amen.