Can you believe that April starts next week? It will be an exciting month – packed full of Holy Week events, Easter celebrations, and new outreach opportunities!
Baptisms and First Communion
We will have First Communion on Easter Sunday, April 21st and Baptisms on Sunday, April 28th. What a beautiful season of new beginnings! There will be a preparation class on Saturday, April 6th at 4:00pm. If you or your child are wanting to participate, and haven’t already contacted Father Brian or Jennifer Brown, please do so ASAP.
Holy Week Schedule
- Monday, April 15th, 7:00pm
- Tuesday, April 16th, 7:00pm
- Wednesday, April 17th, 7:00pm
Maundy Thursday – April 18th, 6:00pm
- We will share a meal together, participate in foot washing, and then process to the Sanctuary to celebrate the Eucharist. The service ends in the darkness of Gethsemane by “Stripping the Chancel”
- Please respond to the Evite or Facebook event for the Maundy Thursday meal. If you didn’t receive the Evite, let us know at email@example.com.
- Prayer vigil to follow the service, until midnight.
We gather in our stripped-down Sanctuary to reflect on the Passion and to pray with, and as, the repentant and grateful church.
Join us for morning prayer, and then stick around to help prepare the Sanctuary for Easter Sunday!
We join together in saying “Alleluia! The Lord is Risen!”
Pray, Invite, Participate and Give
The Basics – Tuesday, April 23rd at 11:30am.
This is a class for caregivers and parents of children from birth to age 3, meeting every Tuesday for five weeks. Each week, we will introduce a new “basic” (i.e. “Maximize Love, Manage Stress”, more at https://boston.thebasics.org). Then, we’ll have a discussion and share a free lunch together! For more information or to register, email Sydney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alpha with Janis & David – Thursday, April 25th at 6:00pm
Everyone should have a chance to explore the Christian faith, ask questions and share their point of view. The Alpha class gives you the opportunity to do that! These classes will meet weekly on Thursdays at the Campbell’s home. Contact Deacon David at email@example.com, or Janis at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or check out http://alphausa.org/
Please join us in praying for these ministries, and consider who you can invite, and how you can participate!