It seems like things are starting to get a little busy around here!
Here’s the latest news and events coming up at CtR:
Preparing for Lent
Take some time now to prepare for the Lenten season:
- Palm Crosses – Begin to gather your palm crosses from last year’s Palm Sunday. We will be burning those at our Shrove Tuesday gathering, to use as ashes for Ash Wednesday!
- Discipleship Hour – There will be a Lenten class reading through Sacred Rhythms: Arranging Our Lives for Spiritual Transformation by Ruth Haley Barton. We would love for you to read along with us, as well as participate in the class if possible.
- Thursday Morning Women’s Group – Beginning March 14th, they will be reading through Preparing for Easter, Fifty Devotional Readings from C.S. Lewis. All women are welcome and childcare is available. If you need childcare, please speak to Janis Campbell (email@example.com) to ensure there are enough sitters.
Mark your calendars for the following:
- Global Student Friendship (GSF) International Prayer and Training: Saturday, March 2nd, 8:30am – 11:30am at CtR. This will be an ecumenical time of focused prayer for international student ministry, and a training on ministering cross-culturally to international students/scholars.
- Shrove Tuesday Pancake Dinner: Tuesday, March 5th, 6pm at CtR.
- Ash Wednesday Service: Wednesday, March 6th, 6pm at CtR
Participate Through Praying
Lastly, it is a busy time of meetings and preparation, and we ask for your prayers over the following groups that are meeting over the coming weekend (Feb. 16-17):
- Leadership Council Meeting – Saturday, Feb. 16th
- Youth Group Pizza and Paint Night – Saturday, Feb. 16th
- Home Group Leaders Meeting – Sunday, Feb. 17th
Thank you for reading, praying, and embracing this wonderfully busy season with us!
O Lord, our Creator and Redeemer, we ask you to keep your household the Church continually in your true religion; so that we who trust in the hope of your heavenly grace may always be defended by your mighty power; through Jesus Christ our Lord; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, both now and forever. AmenCollect for 5th Week of Epiphany