Here are some things to be aware of this week:
- The Sunday of the Passion: Palm Sunday begins our Holy Week celebrations. We will gather in the Fellowship Hall for the Blessing of the Palms and then process together into the sanctuary joining our voices in singing ‘Hosanna’ to the King of Kings. This is not the week to be late for worship! Please plan on arriving by 9:45 am at the latest, prepared to enter into worship with joy and expectation.
- Maundy Thursday, April 2 begins with dinner in the ‘Upper Room’ (Fellowship Hall) promptly at 6:00 pm. If you have not yet RSVP’ed for the dinner please note that the deadline to do so is Tuesday evening. Please let Nile know at email@example.com
- Good Friday finds us focusing on the Seven Last Words from the Cross beginning at 6:00 pm.
- Easter Day, please bring some cut flowers from home to help the children ‘Flower the Cross’ and plan on arriving early to make sure you do not miss the glorious entry into the sanctuary. There will also be an Easter Egg Hunt for our younger members following the service.
Save the Date:
- ‘Rwandan School Project Presentation’ takes place after worship on Sunday May 17 over a catered lunch! Mark your calendars now and make sure you are there to hear about this exciting project.
- ‘Vacation Bible School’ takes place this summer from June 29- July 3. Again, please mark your calendars now and be praying as to whom you will invite to participate in this fun outreach event.
Membership and Confirmation: Bishop Steve Breedlove will be with us in September for our Ten Year Anniversary Celebration. If you are interested in exploring Membership within Christ the Redeemer and/or Confirmation within the Anglican Communion, then please speak with me at your convenience (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will be scheduling a ‘New Members/Confirmation Class’ sometime in May and June this spring.
Looking forward to a great Holy Week with all of you.
Rector of Christ the Redeemer Anglican Church