As we enter into the final days of Lent, I hope you are finding time in your busy days to calm and quiet your soul, acknowledging our Creator and Savior in our midst.
But I have calmed and quieted my soul,
like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child is my soul within me. (Psalm 131:2)
Holy Week Schedule
Here is a reminder of the schedule for Holy Week, which is fast approaching.
- Palm Sunday – April 14th, 10:15am. We will gather in Fellowship Hall to “Bless the Palm Branches”, then process into the Sanctuary to worship the King!
- Evening Prayer at 7:00pm during Holy Week–
- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
- Maundy Thursday – April 18th, 6:00pm
- We will share a meal together, participate in foot washing, and then process to the Sanctuary to celebrate the Eucharist. The service ends in the darkness of Gethsemane by “Stripping the Chancel”
- Please respond to the Evite or Facebook event for the Maundy Thursday meal. If you didn’t receive the Evite, let us know at email@example.com.
- Prayer vigil to follow the service, until midnight.
- Good Friday Service – April 19th, 6:00pm
- We gather in our stripped-down Sanctuary to reflect on the Passion and to pray with, and as, the repentant and grateful church.
- Holy Saturday Morning Prayer – April 20th, 10:00am
- Join us for morning prayer, and then stick around to help prepare the Sanctuary for Easter Sunday!
- Easter Sunday – April 21st, 10:15am
- We join together in saying “Alleluia! The Lord is Risen!”
We Need Your Help!
We have two events coming up, and we need your help spreading the word. Both Alpha and The Basics are starting the week after Easter, so now is the time to INVITE! Here is some information about both of these, which you can use to spread the word to your friends and neighbors!
Alpha with Janis & David – Thursday, April 25th at 6:00pm
Everyone should have a chance to explore the Christian faith, ask questions and share their point of view. Are you interested in learning more about Christianity? These classes will meet on Thursdays at Pembroke Towers. Contact Deacon David at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Janis at email@example.com for more info or check out http://alphausa.org/
The Basics – Tuesday, April 23rd at 11:30am
Do you take care of children between the ages of 0 and 3? Come join us for a pre-school preparation program, called “The Basics”, where we’ll be learning five basic things we can do to help our children succeed! We will get together every Tuesday for five weeks, at CtR. It is free, lunch is provided and children are encouraged to attend with their parents/caregiver. For more information or to register, email Sydney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eastertide Discipleship Hour Classes
Starting April 28th, the following classes will be offered through June 9th.
- “Discovering Your Gifts/Finding Your Place”, led by Joshua Matlack.
- This is a foundational class that is offered annually. If you have not attended it yet, we highly encourage you to come, learn, and benefit from Joshua’s teaching!
- “Raising Compassionate Children”, led by Casey Reed and Temple Richardson.
- If you are a parent or grandparent, and have already attended Joshua’s class (mentioned above), this class is for you! The book Growing Compassionate Kids by Jan Johnson will be used as a guide throughout the class.
- “Philippians”, led by Father Brian Campbell.
- This class is for anyone who has already attended Joshua’s class. It does not require consistent attendance so drop in anytime!
I will praise the name of God with a song;
I will magnify him with thanksgiving.
This will please the Lord more than an ox
or a bull with horns and hoofs.
When the humble see it they will be glad;
you who seek God, let your hearts revive.
For the Lord hears the needy
and does not despise his own people who are prisoners.