Today begins a three-day remembrance of Christ’s passion, culminating in the glorious victory of our Creator on Easter Sunday! But before we celebrate, we follow Jesus on His journey to the cross…
Maundy Thursday Service Tonight
The service will start promptly at 6:00pm, in the Fellowship Hall. The meal takes place within the service, so please plan to come on time. After the meal and foot washing, there will be a Eucharist service and an optional prayer vigil until midnight.
Good Friday and Holy Saturday
The Good Friday service will be at 6:00pm. We will gather in our stripped-down Sanctuary to reflect on the passion of Christ and to pray with, and as, the repentant and grateful church. This is a powerful service that is necessary before we can celebrate the Resurrection of our King.
Then, on Holy Saturday we will meet at 10:00am to have Morning Prayer together. After Morning Prayer we invite you to join us as we decorate the Sanctuary for Easter Sunday!
Easter Sunday Reminders
*Please bring your cut flowers to the Fellowship Hall on Sunday morning for the children to use to flower the cross before the service. Also, after the service there will be an Easter Egg Hunt for all children in 5th grade and under!
Starting this Week: Alpha and The Basics
- When – Thursday, April 25th at 6:00pm, and every Thursday for eight weeks
- Location* – 330 W. Brambleton Ave. Apt. 505 *(location has changed)
- Invite – anyone who wants to learn more about Christianity, even Christians who want to dig deeper into their faith!
- Pray – for Janis and David and their team of leaders. Pray also that people would attend, and get one step closer in their relationships with God.
- Participate – Attend the classes, or sign up to provide a meal for one of the meetings. Contact Deacon David at email@example.com, or Janis at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- When –Tuesday, April 23rd at 11:30am, and every Tuesday for five weeks
- Location – Christ the Redeemer, youth classroom and nursery
- Invite – parents and caregivers who want to give their children a great start!
- Pray – for Sydney and her team of volunteers. Pray also that people would attend, form friendships, and feel a sense of belonging from the church.
- Participate – Attend the classes, or donate gently used items for babies and toddlers. Contact Sydney at email@example.com for more info.
Youth Picnic Next Saturday
All youth in grades 6th-12th are invited to the Youth Picnic on Saturday, April 27th, 12:00pm – 3:30pm. Please invite your friends and family to join as well! To RSVP, email Deacon David at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eastertide Discipleship Hour Classes
Starting next Sunday at 9:00am, these three wonderful classes will be offered!
- “Personality and Service: Finding Your Place in Ministry”, led by Joshua Matlack. This seven week course will examine various personality and individual features which can be clues to finding God’s calling for you at Christ the Redeemer. He has created each individual unique, including our innate personalities and our histories and environments that have helped to form us. At times, individuals can feel “guilted” into serving in ministries or services to which they are not properly suited. Alternatively, many individuals fail to step into roles which God has formed them to succeed in. In both of these cases, the life of the Church suffers. This class will explore how personality, environmental factors, and gifting can help inform how and where you would both thrive the most and help others to live into their own callings. Note: This course is designed to be practical and personal. While we will be guided by Scripture, it is not a Bible course; attenders should be prepared to engage personally with the material.
- “Growing Compassionate Kids”, led by Casey Reed and Temple Richardson. If you are a parent or caregiver, and have already attended Joshua’s class (mentioned above), this class is for you! The book Growing Compassionate Kids by Jan Johnson will be used as a guide throughout the class. This book will give advice to help us grow children as Disciples of Christ –disciples who care about others and seek justice in the world . What greater Legacy could we leave our children?
- “Study of Philippians”, led by Father Brian Campbell. This class is for anyone who has already attended Joshua’s class. It does not require consistent attendance so drop in anytime!
Looking for IT Support Person
Last, but not least, we are in need of one or more people who are gifted in sound and/or computer networking. We are extremely grateful for Gerry Massie, who has been serving in this capacity up to this point! If you are interested, have questions, or would recommend someone for this role, please send an email to email@example.com. Thank you!
Collect for Maundy Thursday
Almighty Father, whose most dear Son, on the night before he suffered, instituted the Sacrament of his Body and Blood: Mercifully grant that we may receive it in thankful remembrance of Jesus Christ our Savior, who in these holy mysteries gives us a pledge of eternal life; and who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.