We have a busy weekend ahead of us, as well as a full month of exciting celebrations! Make sure you are aware of all of the meetings and events coming up:
Saturday, June 8th–
- 9:00am – Leadership Council Meeting ,
- 11:30am – Baptism Walk-through with Father Brian
- 5:00pm – Talent Show and Ministry Fair
Pentecost, Sunday, June 9th –
- Ministry Fair during Hospitality Hour
- 12:00pm – Discipleship Hour Planning Lunch
- 12:00pm – Women’s Retreat Planning
Trinity Sunday, June 16th – Baptisms (9:30am Baptismal Walk-through)
Sunday, June 30th – Bishop visiting for Dn. David Watts’ ordination and eight confirmations!
*To see all our events in one place, check out our website Calendar
Talent Show and Ministry Fair
Join us this Saturday, 5:00pm – 7:00pm for this fun, inter-generational event! We’ll start with a Ministry Fair highlighting the different ministries at CtR. Then we will have a covered dish dinner, followed by the Talent Show! All ages are encouraged to participate, whether it is a serious talent or something silly.
Plan to bring a dish to share and your talent to show off. See you on Saturday!
Note on Discipleship Hour
The only Discipleship Hour class that will be meeting this Sunday is “Personality and Service: Finding Your Place in Ministry.” After Sunday, Discipleship Hour will take a break for the summer and pick back up in September.
Congratulations to everyone who graduated this year. We especially want to recognize:
- Alex Angle graduated from Regent University Law School
- Jackson Maas graduating from Grassfield High School
- Katelyn Richardson (granddaughter of Temple) graduating from Great Bridge High School
It’s Not Goodbye, but ‘See You Later’!
Unfortunately, this summer we will be saying goodbye to several families and individuals who are transitioning out of Norfolk, for work, school, or family reasons. Please keep the following folks in your prayers as they are in the midst of packing and preparing to move to different parts of the country: The Maas Family, The Matlack Family, The Scarlett Family, Alex and Stephanie Angle, and Stephanie Wilks. We will greatly miss all of you!
Hope to see you on Saturday evening, and don’t forget to wear red on Pentecost!