In this week’s Update you will find information on the following (more details on each of these below):
- Concerning the Coronavirus
- Welcome Baby Reyes!
- Memorial for Albert Duckworth
- Anchor Fund Offering Continues
Concerning the Coronavirus
The CtR Clergy, Staff, and Leadership Council are asking God for wisdom, and working through what precautionary measures need to be in place regarding the coronavirus. Here are the ways that CtR, week by week, is adjusting to the coronavirus :
- Hand sanitizer will be located at the front and back of the Sanctuary, as well as all of the Sunday School rooms
- Substitute ‘fist bumps’ for handshakes (and definitely forgo the ‘holy kiss’) during the ‘Passing of the Peace’
- In place of passing the Offering baskets around, the baskets will be located at both entryways to the Sanctuary at the beginning and the end of the service. If you are more comfortable with giving online, just click on this donate link to give safely and securely through PayPal.
- When receiving Communion, come up as normal in our two lines. The Chalice Bearer will be standing next to the Priest/Deacon, and the Priest/Deacon will break off a piece of the bread and dip it into the cup and then place it on your outstretched hands.
And a few general reminders: be prayerful about the spread of this virus; wash your hands frequently; cough/sneeze in your inner elbow instead of your hands; and if you’re experiencing symptoms of a cough, disease, or fever, please isolate yourself and rest (for the sake of others, do not ‘push through it’).
Welcome Baby Reyes!
Baby Rowen David Reyes was born to Sharon and Ryan Reyes on Saturday, March 7th at 2:30am! He is a healthy baby boy at 7 pounds 9 ounces and 21.5 inches. If you would like to help support the Reyes’ as they adjust to being a family of three, please sign up to bring a meal through this link: https://www.mealtrain.com/trains/l19wz6
Join us as we rejoice over the gift of this precious new life, and as we pray for strength and rest for the new parents.
Memorial for Albert Duckworth
There will be a Memorial Gathering this Saturday, March 14th, 4:30pm – 7:00pm at Virginia Beach Community Chapel (1261 Laskin Rd., Virginia Beach) to remember Albert Duckworth. Please come if you can to support Robin and the kids in an informal atmosphere with light hors d’oeuvres. There will be a time of sharing and remembering Albert at 5pm, followed by play time for the kids at the church playground. Even if you can’t come, please be praying for the Duckworth family as they continue to mourn the loss of a great husband and father.
Anchor Fund Continues
We will continue taking up donations for the Diocese of Christ Our Hope’s “Anchor Fund” offering this Sunday and next Sunday. If you haven’t already, please take a few minutes to learn about the offering through this page: https://www.adhope.org/anchorfund. There is a helpful video with Bishop Steve, as well as an option to give online if that is your preference. If you plan to give at church over the next three Sundays, be sure to write “Anchor Fund” in the memo line of your check.
“Heavenly Father, you have made us for yourself, and our hearts are restless until they rest in you: Look with compassion upon the heartfelt desires of your servants, and purify our disordered affections, that we may behold your eternal glory in the face of Christ Jesus; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.”
– Collect for The Third Sunday in Lent (BCP 2019)