Welcome, Graham Dickens!
Baby Graham Dickens was born yesterday, May 8th, 8:47am at Portsmouth Naval Medical Center. We rejoice with Lea Hanna and Steven, as this precious baby boy is added to their beautiful family! Praying God’s blessing on them; for rest and recovery, and for a smooth transition to a family of four. If you want to help them out by providing a meal, please sign up through Meal Train at the following link: https://mealtrain.com/n55vvq.
Mother’s Day on Sunday
Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms, Grandmothers, Great-Grandmothers, and Godmothers/Spiritual Moms out there! To celebrate, we’re asking all the men to provide the food for Hospitality Hour, and help with clean up. Thanks in advance!
Celebrating Baptisms on Pentecost
On the Day of Pentecost, Sunday June 9th, we will have another opportunity to celebrate the Sacrament of Baptism! If you or your child(ren) are interested in being baptized, please contact Father Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CtR Talent Show
Christ the Redeemer’s Annual Talent Show is coming up on Saturday, June 8th from 5:00pm to 7:30pm. Save the date for this fun, inter-generational event. Along with a covered dish dinner, we will be adding a Ministry Fair component to this year’s event. Ministry leaders please be on the lookout for an email with more information.
Alpha and The Basics
THANK YOU again to all of you who have been supporting these programs through your prayers, donations, and time. We appreciate your prayers for the following:
- For the individuals and families who are attending both Alpha and The Basics
- For the leaders, that God would use them to share and model His love
- Wisdom for next steps for The Basics specifically; the last session will be on May 21st, but parents have requested that we continue meeting weekly or monthly! 🙂
Please continue to invite people to Alpha, and any parents and caregivers you know to The Basics!
Discipleship Hour – Sunday, 9:00am
Even if you missed Discipleship Hour last week, it’s not too late to jump in! As a reminder, here are the Adult tracks being offered:
- “Personality and Service: Finding Your Place in Ministry”, led by Joshua Matlack and Justin Seligman.
- “Growing Compassionate Kids”, led by Casey Reed and Temple Richardson. The book Growing Compassionate Kids by Jan Johnson is used as a guide throughout the class.
- “Study of Philippians”, led by Father Brian Campbell.
The Youth track for Discipleship Hour is focusing on the Catechism as preparation for Confirmation (which will take place either in June or in November this year).
The Children’s Ministry will continue discovering God through the Jesus Storybook Bible.
*Please note that only the Nursery will be offered for parents on Memorial Day weekend (May 26th) during Discipleship Hour.*
2020 Women’s Retreat
Save the date for the next Women’s Retreat: February 21-23 at Chanco on the James. More details to come.
Looking forward to worshiping the Risen King with you all on Sunday!