Brother Tim Luken, speaker
Podcast Player - Download This Episode
There are just a few upcoming things to keep in mind/put on your calendar:
1. There will be a brief time of preparation after worship THIS Sunday, September 24th for all who plan on being confirmed October 8th.
Why would one seek confirmation, and who should do so? If you have been led into membership with our ‘local’ church, Confirmation is a way of celebrating that movement while seeking the blessing and empowering of the wider church, through the laying-on-of-hands by our bishop. If you have participated in our ‘Exploring Membership Class’ at any time in the past and would like to be confirmed, please speak directly to Brian+ and plan on being at the meeting after worship this coming Sunday
2. The CTR Men’s Ministry is hosting a night of football (Virginia Tech v. Clemson) and fun for the whole church family at 5:30 pm on Saturday, September 30th at Miles Smith’s house in Ghent Square. Burgers, dogs and drinks will be provided for the adults; the rest will be covered dish. Feel free to bring any dish you are famous (or for you lovers of super spicy stuff, infamous) for. We will have a cornhole set and plenty of room for the kids to run and play. Bring any yard games you’d like to share. Please park on Botetourt Gardens and RSVP Steven Dickinson or Miles Smith (so they know how many burgers/dogs to prepare) or click on this link to RSVP via email: email@example.com.
3. We need your help! Our building has seen a recent increase in rodent activity (four of our chairs in the sanctuary have been seriously damaged by our food seeking friends). Until further notice, we must stop bringing food into the sanctuary (drink for the moment is allowed, but please be diligent about cleaning spills). Parents, we also ask you to be sure to clean up after your children wherever they spend their ‘fellowship’ time after worship. Thank you!
4. Recently, the Leadership Council presented our ‘Three to Five Year Goal’ and asked for the prayers and participation of all associated with Christ the Redeemer:
“We are committed to SEEK the Spirit’s direction for INTENTIONAL GROWTH –in Depth and Breadth—LEADING to STABILITY and PERMANENCE of the ‘Mother’ and the BIRTH of a ‘Daughter’ Church.”
We commend this goal to all of us.
5. Looking Ahead: Some important dates to remember:
October 6- 8: Bishop Steve and Sally Breedlove’s visit and Confirmation ceremony
October 17: 6-8 pm An Evening of pizza and information with 2 Christian workers who have been ministering to Muslims in Egypt and the Middle East
February 2-4: Women’s Retreat at the Oceanfront (mark your calendar now!)
Looking forward to worshiping with you on Sunday.
Brian Campbell, speaker
Podcast Player - Download This Episode
These are the events to be aware of happening at Christ the Redeemer in the coming week and beyond:
Chilldrens Ministry Volunteer Training: Jennifer Brown has been facilitating a training session for all volunteers in Children’s Ministry (Sunday School teachers, Discipleship Hour helpers, Nursery workers). This is mandatory for all current teachers and for any future volunteers. If you want to get involved in this fun and vital ministry your last chance to attend training is this Saturday September 9th at 9:30 am at the church. Contact Jennifer to register or with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Renovation Project Help Needed: We will be knocking down a wall in the church and need people and trucks this Saturday, September 9th. If you can help, please contact Bob Atwood for details – (314) 614-8629.
There are a number of things happening before, during and after this Sunday’s Worship:
Discipleship Hour: will begin this Sunday, September 10th at 9 am. There will be two classes for adults and one for children. Details can be found on the website. All youth are welcome to participate in the adult classes.
There will be a Liturgical Welcome for New Members during worship this Sunday, September 10th. (If you have attended membership classes in the past and have never participated in the Welcome ceremony, please feel free to join with us in this Sunday’s ceremony.)
A Congregational Meeting will be held after worship this Sunday so that the Leadership Council may share with us many developments they have been working on.
Two Women’s Studies will begin this week: Wednesday, nights at 7 pm beginning September 13 and Thursday mornings at 9:15 beginning September 14. Details of the courses may be found on the website and in the bulletin insert. All women are encouraged to come to one or both of these opportunities.
Bishop Steve Breedlove and his wife, Sally, will be will us October 6th-8th. There will be a Confirmation ceremony on Sunday, October 8th during worship. If you desire to be confirmed on October 8th, you must contact Brian as soon as possible. There will be a short teaching time concerning the rite of confirmation after worship on Sunday September 24th. (Please note – for those who attended the Question and Answer session – the date has been changed from September 17th)
I look forward to worshiping with you this Sunday.